European University Alliance for Global Health (EUGLOH)March 23 2022
Coordinated by Paris-Saclay University, the European University Alliance for Global Health (EUGLOH) is part of the EU’s European Universities Initiative launched in 2019, the aim of which was to create international higher education institution alliances across the European Union. AgroParisTech is involved in this project as a participating institution of Paris-Saclay University.
Coordinated by Paris-Saclay University (UPSaclay), the EUGLOH project is jointly funded by the Erasmus+ program (European Union). As a participating UPSaclay institution, AgroParisTech is associated with the project, benefits from a number of its activities, and contributes to work on the subthemes that involve its areas of expertise.
EUGLOH is a pilot European University made up of five universities—Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich (Germany), Lund University (Sweden), Porto University (Portugal), Szeged University (Hungary), and UPSaclay—that is built around the theme of “global health.”
The ambition of these five universities has been to combine their expertise and resources to offer the best possible education to their students, and, in so doing, to become a world-class alliance for higher education and research, building on top-level programs and cutting-edge research and equipment.
EUGLOH will involve approximately 200,000 students, from undergraduates to Ph.D. candidates, in addition to teaching and non-teaching staff from each of the five universities. By 2025, 50% of the alliance’s graduates will have had access to a study or work abroad opportunity (whether in person, virtually, or both) at least once during their studies.
The EUGLOH alliance therefore aims to:
- Instill European values and citizenship in students while offering them an education in emerging research fields related to interdisciplinary societal challenges and equipping them with versatile skill sets that meet industry needs;
- Create an integrated multicultural campus that will increase student employability, mobility, and adaptability to the issues of tomorrow;
- Build a European University for the future: pioneering, interdisciplinary, inclusive, and rooted in local research and innovation ecosystems. EUGLOH is centered around a unifying topic that encompasses a variety of fields and societal challenges related to the theme of global health.
A network of EUGLOH correspondents, including department and management representatives, was established at AgroParisTech to facilitate its integration in the program.
- Coordinator: Paris-Saclay University
- Partners: AgroParisTech, Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich (LMU – Germany), Lund University (Sweden), Porto University (Portugal), Szeged University (Hungary)
- Period: 3 years (September 1, 2020, to August 31, 2022)
- Helpful links: EUGLOH website