Ph.D. Studies at AgroParisTechJuly 13 2022
Today, earning a Ph.D. is the essential prior pathway to becoming a researcher at a public research organization, a higher education institution, a large corporation, or an international organization. It is indeed THE internationally recognized degree in the research world.
Earning a Ph.D. also acts as a first professional experience. It allows doctoral students not only to acquire scientific skills in one or more fields of study, but also to acquire multiple sought-after interdisciplinary skills in sectors other than academic or applied research.
The framework for doctoral education in France is established by the Decree of May 25, 2016, and Ph.D.’s are included in the National Directory of Recognized Diplomas (RNCP).
The possible ways of accessing Ph.D. studies are:
- Initial education as a student in the higher-education system
- Continuing professional education (not including apprenticeships or other work-based learning)
- Accreditation for Work Experience (VAE)
Around 300 doctoral students study at AgroParisTech, and 70 theses are defended every year.
Fields of Study Covered
The following Ph.D.’s are available at AgroParisTech:
- Agronomy, Forestry, Water and Environmental Sciences and Engineering;
- Life Sciences and Health;
- Sciences and Engineering for Food and Bioproducts;
- Economic and Social Sciences and Management Applied to Agriculture, Food, Health, Forestry, Water, Territories, Environment and Sustainable Development;
- Mathematics, Information Technology, and Physics Applied to Life Sciences and the Environment.
Ph.D. registration, reregistration, defense, and award are managed by the Department of Doctoral Studies, in conjunction with the management teams from individual doctoral schools.