Disability supportFebruary 11 2022
Below are the steps to requesting support from the CFA SEV (Life Sciences Apprentice Training Center) for students with a disability. This is a voluntary step aimed at addressing student requests.
A) Formalizing your disability
1) You must first report your situation
When you sign up to the CFA (Apprentice Training Center) on the NetYpareo website,
And/or with the CFA’s Disability Advisor and Apprenticeship Manager of your education
Your Disability Contact Person at the CFA SEV: Sylvain Baby – firstname.lastname@example.org
2) You will need to provide a medical certificate delivered by a licensed physician
If your medical certificate was delivered when you were in a different course to register for the Apprenticeship entry exam, you may present it to your Disability Contact Person directly.
If you do not have a medical certificate, we can refer you to a competent medical department, such as a licensed physician (from any department) or a university doctor:
List of licensed physicians in the Ile-de-France region: https://www.iledefrance.ars.sante.fr/listes-de-medecins-agrees-en-ile-d…
Your doctor will offer recommendations and give you a certificate. You may then present this certificate to the CFA SEV’s disability advisor.
3) With your consent, the CFA SEV’s disability advisor will let your course advisor know about your situation:
Disability advisor at your CFA partner educational facility,
Apprenticeship manager of your course if relevant,
Teaching tutor, upon their appointment.
4) An interview is conducted with the CFA SEV’s disability advisor and/or with the disability advisor at your educational facility to define specific next steps to support you and let you know about resources available to you (be they technical, financial, etc.).
The CFA SEV’s disability advisor will provide information on being recognized as a disabled worker (RQTH, Reconnaissance de la Qualité de Travailleur Handicapé). This opens the way to arrangements and financial support facilitate access to and maintenance of employment:
specialized support for job searches using Cap emploi,
obligation to employ established by law: “Every employer of twenty or more workers must take on disabled workers amounting to 6% of the total workforce,”
receiving Agefiph or FIPHFP support.
The RQTH application must be filed with the Maison Départementale des Personnes Handicapées (MDPH) of your place of residence.
B) Support throughout your academic education / AgroParisTech
5) With your consent, the disability advisor of your training facility and the apprenticeship manager will inform academic advisors and course professors, as well as your teaching tutor once they are appointed.
6) Disability advisors from the CFA and from your educational facility, the apprenticeship manager of your course, and if relevant, your course academic advisor, teaching tutor, Department of Studies and department heads (for AgroParisTech: the DEP, or department head if relevant), all meet with you as a team to create a Plan d’Accompagnement de l’Élève en situation de Handicap (PAEH, Support Plan for Students with a Disability), with support from the Disability & Studies Department at Paris-Saclay University.
Resources available through the Disability & Studies Department at Paris-Saclay University for establishing a PAEH: https://www.universite-paris-saclay.fr/campus-life/etudiants-en-situati…
7) With your consent, the PAEH is sent to the Council of Professors of your course for approval.
8) Your PAEH can be reassessed:
at the suggestion of your referring doctor (if your disability changes)
following a review with you and your academic team to address the adequacy of adopted measures (this review will occur at least once a year)
if suggested by AgroParisTech’s monitoring unit.
C) Support in placement companies
9) With your consent, the CFA SEV’s disability advisor will inform the person in charge to so that support can be adapted to finding a placement company that will take your disability into consideration.
10) Once your apprenticeship contract has been signed, the CFA SEV’s disability advisor and you will liaise to inform your employer about your situation, arrangements based on the PAEH, and your employer's resources (help signing the Agefiph / Fiphfp contract, help throughout your employment, etc.).
Resources made available to your employer:
11) The CFA SEV’s disability advisor can also call upon a Skills Operator.
12) The CFA SEV’s disability advisor invites your employer to get in touch with their occupational doctor, who may suggest:
individual measures to accommodate, adapt, or modify your workstation,
and/or measures to accommodate your working hours, justified, for example, by your age or your health.
The occupational doctor will share these suggestions in writing with you and with your employer.
IN ADDITION TO DEDICATED SUPPORT BY CFA SEV’S DISABILITY ADVISOR, HERE ARE MORE RESOURCES. DO NOT HESITATE TO REVIEW THEM: