ECOTROPHELIA CompetitionJune 24 2022
The ECOTROPHELIA Competition: What Is It?
The ECOTROPHELIA competition combines innovation and interdisciplinarity to invent the foods of tomorrow. What does the challenge consist of? Offering new foods that are simultaneously innovative, eco-designed, and contribute to a sustainable approach. Fully thought out, realistic projects must include:
- a description of the production process;
- market research;
- a cohesive marketing plan;
- a credible business plan.
The ECOTROPHELIA Competition: Who Can Apply?
The ECOTROPHELIA competition is open to engineering students from various higher education institutions focusing on agrifood, marketing, and design. The group project encourages students from different horizons to pool their skills together in order to cover every aspect of product development. Students work in teams of two to ten students from one or more institutions.
The ECOTROPHELIA Competition: How Does It Work?
The product design process takes place over a single academic year. Each team must take into account every aspect of the product’s development: design, marketing, production, sales, etc.
The ECOTROPHELIA competition involves six stages.
- Step 1: online project submission.
- Step 2: preselection by a dual panel.
- Step 3: project is presented to the technical jury.
- Step 4: project is presented to the national jury.
- Step 5: list of winners is announced.
- Step 6: the team that wins the ECOTROPHELIA FRANCE Gold trophy moves on to represent France in the ECOTROPHELIA Europe competition.
The ECOTROPHELIA Competition: What Prizes Are Available?
ECOTROPHELIA winners can win one of the following prizes:
- ECOTROPHELIA France Gold trophy: €5,000
- ECOTROPHELIA France Silver trophy: €2,500
- ECOTROPHELIA France Bronze trophy: €1,500
- ECOTROPHELIA France Award for Fruit & Vegetable Innovations: €4,000
- ECOTROPHELIA France Award for Meat Innovations: €4,000
- ECOTROPHELIA France Award for French Fishery Products Innovations: €4,000
- ECOTROPHELIA France Award for Legume Innovations: €4,000
- ECOTROPHELIA France Award for Senior Diet Innovations: €4,000
- ECOTROPHELIA France Award for Nutritional Innovations: €1,000
ECOTROPHELIA Competition Partners
Professional organizations partnered with the ECOTROPHELIA competition:
- France Filière Pêche
- Terres Univia
- French Ministry of Agriculture and Food
Technical centers partnered with the ECOTROPHELIA competition:
- CRITT AGROALIMENTAIRE Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur
Institutions and universities partnered with the ECOTROPHELIA competition:
- AgroParisTech Paris
- University of Avignon
- EBI Cergy
- ENSAIA University of Lorraine – Vandœuvre-lès-Nancy
- ENSCBP Institut Polytechnique de Bordeaux – Pessac
- ESA Angers
- ESIAB University of Bretagne Occidentale – Brest-Iroise Technopolis
- ESIROI Université of La Réunion – Saint-Pierre de la Réunion
- ESIX Normandy Agrifood Department – University of Caen-Normandy
- FMA University of Upper Alsace – Colmar
- Faculty of Marketing and Agrosciences
- Institut Agro AGROCAMPUS OUEST – Rennes Angers
- Institut Agro AGROSUP DIJON
- Institut Agro Montpellier SupAgro
- ISARA Agrapole – Lyon
- ISEMA – Avignon
- JUNIA – Lille
- ONIRIS – Nantes
- POLYTECH MONTPELLIER – University of Montpellier
- Sup’Biotech – Villejuif
- UTC – Compiègne