Earn an Engineering Degree at AgroParisTech through our Apprenticeship ProgramMarch 28 2022
Apprentices earn the same engineering degree as the one offered by a traditional engineering program. Apprenticeships offer the same skills and the same career perspectives—including for careers in research.
Who is this apprenticeship program for?
The program is extremely demanding, as it requires students to perform the duties they are tasked with by their companies while completing the required learning modules. Before signing an apprenticeship contract, candidates should have already fleshed out their future career plans. Students also need to be highly motivated to be able to work during their studies. AgroParisTech’s engineering degree can be earned through an apprenticeship spanning the entire course of study or only the last 2 years.
AgroParisTech’s engineering apprenticeship program is accessible to people with disabilities.
It is open to students under the age of 30. Exceptions can be made for this maximum age. https://travail-emploi.gouv.fr/formation-professionnelle/formation-en-alternance-10751/apprentissage/
The Main Advantages of Apprenticeship Programs
- More extensive, long-term professional experience, with students on 3-year contracts spending a full 21 months working for an employer (14 months for students on 2-year contracts);
- Dual supervision jointly conducted by an AgroParisTech faculty member and an apprentice supervisor who is generally a senior manager or an engineer at the employer’s company;
- The status of salaried employee for the company, with a monthly salary and at least 5 weeks of annual paid leave;
- Free tuition for engineering studies at AgroParisTech;
- Support from an AgroParisTech educational team dedicated to apprenticeships;
- An electronic communication log that provides apprentices with constant educational and administrative supervision and support throughout their contract;
- The possibility to take additional professional training courses available to other employees at the company.
- A one-week educational trip in a non-French-speaking country at the end of the first year;
- Two weeks of intensive language learning during the second year (U.S.A., U.K., Germany, Spain);
- The possibility to take advantage of an international experience, either through the apprentice’s employer or by spending a semester abroad during the third year of studies in one of AgroParisTech’s partner universities.
Why earn an engineering degree at AgroParisTech through our apprenticeship program?
Graduates of the engineering apprenticeship program gain easier access to high-paying full-time corporate positions. They can hope to be quickly promoted to supervisory and management positions in different industries:
- agriculture, agrifood, food service;
- chemicals and pharmaceuticals;
- landscape, the environment, architecture and design;
- research, teaching, education, government;
- finance, consulting, banking, IT, retail, distribution, communication;
By the end of their studies, graduates from the apprenticeship program are able to:
- analyze and model complex and uncertain systems at different scales;
- conceive, design, and implement robust solutions for both the near and the distant future that are innovative in terms of their scientific, technical, economic, social, and environmental impact;
- factor in the issue of social responsibility in a globalized world when undertaking projects.
Prerequisites and Conditions for Admission
- via a specific competitive entrance exam organized and overseen by the Service des Concours Agronomes et Vétérinaires for three-year apprenticeship contracts
Prerequisites: list of 2- and 3-year undergraduate qualifications required for access to the competitive entrance exam
List of Qualifications Required to Access the AgroParisTech Engineering Apprenticeship Program
2021 Competitive Entrance Exam Information Notice: https://www.concours-agro-veto.net/...
Registration for the competitive entrance exam is open from November to January for the academic year that starts the following September.
- for two-year apprenticeship contracts: program reserved for 1st-year AgroParisTech engineering students or 2nd-year engineering students admitted via the parallel admissions track (“Admis Sur Titre”). Applications are accepted from March to July for the academic year that starts the following September.
For first-year engineering students, an application must be submitted to the Apprentice Training Center (CFA).
For students in the parallel admissions track, see the requirements for admission in the second year of the AgroParisTech engineering program.
When you are accepted into the apprenticeship program, the CFA will assist you in finding an apprenticeship contract by:
- providing workshops on resume writing, cover letters, and preparing for job interviews;
- proposing job offers approved by teaching staff;
- drafting your apprenticeship contract in association with your employer.
Apprenticeship Work/Study Schedule
The program’s work/study schedule allows you to progressively spend more time in the workplace and take on increasing levels of job responsibility; students gain a real understanding of the project-based approach beginning in the 2nd year and acquire more expansive experience as an engineer in the final year.
Organization and Schedule for a 3-year Contract – 2021-2024
First-year courses in the apprenticeship program are specific to apprentices.
In the 2nd year, apprentices are asked to choose additional courses to supplement the core curriculum.
3rd year: each apprentice chooses a major. This choice determines the courses that they will subsequently take.